It is our vision that a home will be within reach for all Pennsylvanians.
The Housing Alliance is a statewide coalition working to provide leadership and a common voice for policies, practices, and resources to ensure that all Pennsylvanians, especially those with low incomes, have access to safe, decent and affordable homes.
We promote common-sense solutions to balance Pennsylvania’s housing market and increase the supply of safe, decent homes for low-income people.
- Thriving communities must provide families and individuals with a variety of choices in places to live.
- Parents should be able to spend time with their children and community rather than commuting to and from work.
- Businesses that have invested in our communities deserve support in creating housing policies that help them find and keep qualified workers.
- Our government leaders have an obligation to plan ahead and look at the big picture, with policies that allow the housing market to meet the needs of our economy.
- Building strong communities depends on the ability of people from different backgrounds and points of view to work together.
Advocacy and Lobbying
- Promote policies, legislation, and programs that support our mission
- Update our membership of legislative happenings
- Meet with legislators and their staff to advance critical legislation
- Provide opportunities for advocacy and lobbying at the state and federal levels
- Make advocacy easy by providing information including fact sheets and talking points
- Coordinate peer to peer learning on different topics
- Host regularly occurring webinars
- Organize the annual Homes Within Reach conference
- Elevate new resources and highlight promising practices
Supporting Local Practitioners
- Convene local practitioners to advance programs
- Lend capacity and credibility to promote programs and policy solutions
- Share information and expertise with communities
- Assist with capacity building and staff training
- Assess feasibility of new programs
- Click here for more information