If you are facing an eviction and need immediate help, visit our Get Help page
Understanding and Preventing Evictions
With some initial planning and foresight, we can help families remain stable and in their own homes. Community leaders and governments can adopt five strategies to prevent evictions:
- Rental assistance to help people pay their rent;
- Mediation to work out disputes without going through the court system;
- Outreach to those tenants and neighborhods hardest hit to ensure they know about and apply for available resources;
- Engagement with landlords to find alternative solutions beyond eviction; and
- Expansion of legal representation for tenants.