Federal Eviction Moratorium through July 31, 2021
- View the full document here
- Read NLIHC’s overview of National Eviction Moratorium
- NLIHC’s FAQ for renters
- The declaration can be found in multiple languages here:
- No one should have to resubmit the declaration
- In February 2021, Pennsylvania passed legislation to create a state-wide Emergency Rental and Utility assistance program. It will help Pennsylvanians at or below 80% AMI directly and indirectly impacted by COVID-19 to pay arrears and provide forward rental and utility assistance up to 12 months. We expect updates on how to apply in March 2021.
- To find legal resources in your area please contact the following:
Emergency Rental and Utility Assistance
To learn how to apply for emergency rental and utility assistance in your county, visit https://www.compass.state.pa.us/Compass.Web/RAP/Application.
Emergency Rental Assistance grantees are required to document their prioritization systems, inform all applicants about available preferences, publicize the preferences, and report them by July 15th. In our new issue brief, learn different strategies for setting up a prioritization system to help the most vulnerable households that can be applied to many programs and not just Emergency Rental Assistance.
Housing Alliance Landlord Toolkit
- Find the Toolkit here. Additional edits coming soon.
- RHLS: Information for PA Renters on Eviction (COVID-19 Specific)–
- PA Eviction Guide from PA Legal Aid Network: Available in English, Spanish, Russian, and Vietnamese
- NLIHC: FAQ on Renters’ Rights
- NHLP: Renter and Homeowner Rights
- Hello Landlord
- This tool will help you write a letter that notifies your landlord (1) that you are struggling financially and (2) that the law may not allow them to evict you.
- NLHIC Searchable Database
- Freddie Mac
- Tenants who live in a property with a mortgage loan purchased or securitized by Freddie Mac may be eligible for certain tenant protections. Tenants who live in a property with a mortgage loan purchased or securitized by Freddie Mac may be eligible for certain tenant protections.
- Fannie Mae
- If you’re a renter facing financial challenges as a result of COVID-19, a natural disaster, or other difficulties
- PHFA COVID-19 Resource Page