Federal eviction moratorium through December 31, 2020
- The federal Centers for Disease Control issued a moratorium to halt all evictions caused by nonpayment of rent across the United States. The moratorium lasts through the end of 2020.
- There are several requirements tenants must fulfill before they can qualify for eviction protection through the moratorium.
- More information on the moratorium is available in several languages:
Victory! New $175 million fund created in PA for Rental and Mortgage Assistance
Housing Alliance Landlord Toolkit
- RHLS: Information for PA Renters on Eviction (COVID-19 Specific)
- PA Eviction Guide from PA Legal Aid Network: Available in English, Spanish, Russian, and Vietnamese
- Note: This guide is not COVID-19 specific
- NLIHC: FAQ on Renters’ Rights
- Eviction Moratorium Timing by County in Pennsylvania
- Hello Landlord: This tool helps tenants compose messages to their landlords regarding COVID-related financial hardships and eviction moratoria.
Allegheny County-specific resources
- Resource Navigation available via Rent Help PGH:
- Landlord-Tenant Mediation available through Just Mediation PGH
- Landlord-Tenant Mediation available through Good Shepherd Mediation Program
NLIHC Searchable Database and Map of Multifamily and Affordable Housing Properties Covered by Federal Eviction Moratoriums
Eviction Lab – Policy Scorecard
Federal Actions on Evictions:
- Protecting Renter and Homeowner Rights During Our National Health Crisis – National Housing Law Project