Pennsylvania Blight Remediation Program
In 2019, the Blight Remediation Program was created under the Commonwealth Financing Authority. In May 2020, the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development issued the guidelines for the new reimbursable grant program. The application period is open and has an end date of July 31, 2020 to create blight plans, or demolish, acquire and/or rehabilitate blighted properties or properties destroyed by natural disasters.
This is a reimbursable grant program, that will award grants
- up to $25,000 for planning projects to develop blight plans
- up to $300,000 for remediation projects to demolish and clear blighted properties, acquire properties to demolish or rehabilitate them, rehabilitation or reconstruction of blight properties, and administrative costs
*Administrative costs may not exceed 2% of the grant award except they may be up to 4% for land banks
The grants require a 10% cash match from any source. The match requirement may be waived for municipalities with a median household income below 80% of the state median household income.
- Councils of Governments
- Land Banks
- Redevelopment Authorities
- Housing Authorities
- Community Development Corporations
- Economic Development Organizations
- Housing Corporations
The application period opened on June 1, 2020 and closes on July 31, 2020.
Visit the Blight Remediation Program webpage and review the program’s guidelines in full before applying. There are many important requirements and factors to consider before applying to this program. Apply through the commonwealth’s Single Application for Assistance portal.
The Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania is excited that the Commonwealth Financing Authority is providing funds to help Pennsylvania’s communities remediate and remove blighted properties so they can revitalize their neighborhoods.