COVID-19: Summaries of Federal Legislation
American Rescue Plan
Legislation pending as of February 2021
- In this document President Biden’s outlines his proposal for a comprehensive COVID-19 relief platform, including housing aid.
- Read more about the new COVID-19 plan: The National Strategy for the COVID-19 Response and Pandemic Preparedness. This plan includes executive orders and nationwide goals for testing and vaccines, travel, and reopening schools and businesses
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES) Act and the Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2021
This legislation was enacted in December 2020
This Act provides fast and direct economic assistance for American workers, families, and small businesses, and preserving jobs for American industries.
- Read more about the new CARES Act
- “This emergency COVID-19 relief measure includes $25 billion in emergency rental assistance and an extension of the federal eviction moratorium until January 31st, 2021. The CDC further extended the federal eviction moratorium until at least March 31st, 2021”
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program information
- Housing Provisions in the Emergency COVID-19 Relief Package
The CARES Act was enacted in March 2020
Housing Alliance Fact Sheet: New Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Funding from the Federal Stimulus (CARES Act)
- National Council of Nonprofits Analysis of the CARES Act
- Includes a summary of what is in the bill for non-profits
- Congressional Financial Services Committee Answers Frequently Asked Questions about CARES Act
- Summary of how the CARES Act will be implemented from the Congressional Financial Services Committee of the House of Representatives.
- Understanding Relief For Homeowners And Renters Impacted By Covid-19 – Enterprise
- Specifics on relief for homeowners and renters.
- Analysis – Coronavirus Response Package – National Low Income Housing Coalition
- Analysis of all of the Housing Provisions of the CARES Act.