The Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania is launching its PA Votes civic engagement initiative! As trusted community leaders, nonprofits have an important role to play in ensuring all voices are heard and that includes encouraging all eligible voters in Pennsylvania to turn out to the polls. The Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania encourages nonprofit organizations in Pennsylvania to apply to become PA Votes partners. Your partnership and participation will help us reach our goal of 4,000 new voter contacts in Pennsylvania.
We are very excited about our partnership with Nonprofit Vote to support organizations that are leading nonpartisan voter engagement activities during the 2020 elections.
As you are well aware, COVID-19 exposed significant structural and systemic barriers to equity of opportunity for low income and minority households. We are working to use this opportunity to lift the voices of people with lived experience and engage them in the policy and program decisions that impact their lives. As a nonprofit organization, your organization is poised to play a significant role in narrowing the voter registration participation gaps.
Benefits of becoming a PA Votes nonprofit partner include:
- A civic engagement grant
- Resources and tools, including swag
- Technical assistance
- Peer learning and networking
- Evaluation and analysis of your 2020 voter engagement work
To participate in the cohort, organizations must agree to:
- Work with the Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania to come up with a numerical goal for new voters engaged during the campaign
- Provide clients with voter registration forms and/or voter pledge cards (either in person or digitally)
- Regularly submit voter contacts, including copies of voter registration forms and pledge cards collected
- Designate a staff point person for the project
- Attend an initial training (training may be conducted virtually)
- Participate in national voter registration day on September 22
- Complete reporting requirements
To apply to become a partner, please complete this application survey by Thursday, July 2nd at 5:00 p.m. Decisions will be announced by Monday, July 6.
Please reach out to Kate Kelly at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.