Webinar on December 16, 2016
Learn how Pennsylvania will implement new rules for Head Start that eliminate barriers faced by 4,000 young children ages 0 to 5 years old in Pennsylvania. Helping a 4-year old homeless child get into Head Start can be a significant challenge because of administrative barriers. Hear about how the federal government is reducing those barriers and helping parents sign up their children.
Participants will learn:
- Changes to the Head Start Performance Standards, pertaining to serving homeless families and children as well as the new Joint Policy Statement on meeting the needs of families and children experiencing homelessness.
- Ways a homeless shelter can help.
- Things local early childhood education leaders need to know to work with young children trying to access Head Start.
- Online resources as well as information on how to partner with local Head Start and Early Head Start Programs.
- Joe Willard, Vice President, Peoples Emergency Center
- Tracy Duarte, Manager, PA Head Start State Collaborative, for the PA Early Learning Keys for Quality