Medicaid, in its expanded form, creates new opportunities for more people to get connected to the care and services they need to be healthy. However, Medicaid in PA could be stronger, when it comes to linking vulnerable people with housing in order to help them manage their medical conditions. Learn about the progress made on supportive housing services and Medicaid, and hear the latest news on the PA Department of Human Services’ (DHS) efforts to create housing supports and services funded in part by Medicaid.
- Hear the latest news and action on Medicaid housing supports and services,
- Learn more about the connection between housing and healthcare,
- Hear more about how Medicaid can be used to connect vulnerable populations (those with a substance use disorder, the chronically homeless, those with HIV/AIDS, etc.) to supportive housing services,
- Reveal key recommendations that advocates will use to promote improvements to the Medicaid system.
- Ben Laudermilch, Executive Housing Director, PA Department of Human Services
- Patrick Keenan, Director, Consumer Protections & Policy, Health Access Network (PHAN)