Recorded on May 25, 2017
Housing is one of a number of social determinants of health. It also happens to be a cost effective, viable alternative to government-assisted nursing homes, state hospitals and other state centers if access to the right services and supports is available.
During this webinar, hear about the Living Independence for the Elderly (LIFE) Program that is Pennsylvania’s first managed long-term services and supports program serving frail seniors in the community. Representatives from the PA Department of Human Services and the PA LIFE Provider Alliance provide a broad overview of the LIFE program. Representatives from New Courtland Senior Services and the Beaver County Housing Authority discuss how people have been able to retain their housing and age in place with help from this program.
- Ben Laudermilch, Executive Housing Director, PA Department of Human Services
- Jonathan Bowman, LIFE Program Director, PA Department of Human Services
- Joan Bradbury, Government Relations Senior Associate, DeBrunner & Associates
- Bob Theil, Government Affairs Manager, New Courtland Senior Services
- Brian Yaworsky, Executive Director, Housing Authority of the County of Beaver