The Housing Development Corporation MidAtlantic (HDC MidAtlantic) seeks an experienced, mission aligned, inspirational, and knowledgeable affordable housing leader who can help the
organization continue to grow and expand, while maintaining the organization’s strong financial position and commitment to providing high quality affordable housing and resident services at
housing developments in Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland. The mission of HDC MidAtlantic is to build hope and opportunity by providing a safe and affordable place to call home.
Established in 1971, HDC MidAtlantic was founded by community members in Lancaster, PA who had a shared vision around the importance of providing affordable homes. From those
roots, the organization has grown to be one of the largest providers of affordable housing in the region. Today, HDC MidAtlantic owns or manages more than 3,500 quality affordable rental
homes in Pennsylvania, Delaware and Maryland. HDC MidAtlantic developments house working families, seniors, and persons with disabilities.
The new President and CEO will be a strong leader and manager who combines a passion for mission with a deep understanding of, and commitment to, affordable housing development and
HDC’s next President and CEO will:
- be the external face of the organization, maintaining and building relationships within the HDC MidAtlantic footprint and at the national level;
- work with the Board and staff to develop a new strategic plan and performance measures that will guide the organization and insure that the right infrastructure is in place to support
- provide strategic management and fiscal leadership that supports current programs and services, and maintains or increases revenue;
monitor changes in funding for affordable housing as well as changes in the housing markets within HDC MidAtlantic’s footprint and adjust HDC MidAtlantic’s business plan accordingly;
- determine ongoing funding sources for HDC’s lines of business, with a special focus on resident services;
- ensure that the organizational culture is one that is diverse, nurtures and develops talents, creates and supports a common mission, and is highly communicative; and
- assess existing partnerships and relationships, and cultivate and grow relationships with key external stakeholders.
To find out more about this opportunity and how to apply, click here.