About the Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania: The Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania is a statewide coalition working to provide leadership and a common voice for policies, practices, and resources to ensure that all Pennsylvanians, especially those with low incomes, have access to safe, decent, and affordable homes. The Housing Alliance’s agenda includes initiatives on housing development for low income Pennsylvanians, housing for special needs populations; community and economic revitalization; homelessness prevention and assistance; blight prevention and remediation; and efforts to rebuild homeownership.
About the Position: The Director of Operations and Programs is the lead staff member responsible for ensuring that the organization’s programs and administration operate effectively and successfully and meet the organization’s goals and strategic plan.
Location: The position works out of the Alliance’s Jenkintown office.
- Provide day to day oversight and direction for all administrative activities and program initiatives.
- Plan and carry out campaigns with members on state and federal housing policy issues.
- Conduct outreach, education, and engagement of Housing Alliance members and partners to advance affordable housing opportunities at the local, state, and federal levels.
- Work with Housing Alliance staff and interns to implement priorities, goals and action plans to advance organizational initiatives, provide assistance, guidance, and supervision to staff and interns, and ensure that staff and interns set and meet deadlines.
- Supervise financial management staff. Participate in budgeting and preparation of financial statements.
- Support content and agenda development for the organization’s annual conference – Homes Within Reach as well as participate in the sponsorship committee.
- Oversee and contribute content and planning for forums, meetings, and workshops – organized by the Housing Alliance or another partner.
- Develop and utilize public meetings, the media, written communications and the Internet as needed to advance agenda.
- Manage contracts with consultants and sub-grantees.
- Other duties as assigned by the executive director.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively with a wide range of people to advance an agenda.
- Proven advocacy, coalition building, and organizing experience.
- Previous experience in basic accounting principles and financial management preferred.
- Affordable housing, community development or other poverty related experience and expertise preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree a plus.
Salary: Based on qualifications and experience
Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Apply online here