Homeless Action and Pennsylvania Providers Network “HAPPN”
Who We Are
What We Do
We convene homeless providers from around the state to share their experiences, information and to learn from one another through monthly conference calls and periodic in-person meetings.
- No child should be homeless.
- Veterans who have served this nation should be honored with real opportunity for prosperity when they return.
- Older adults and people with disabilities should be able to live safely, accessibly and with dignity close to family and community.
- No one should be homeless.
Who Should Participate
Any individual, provider, consumer, advocate, or agency who wants to work for improved and expanded homeless services.
In order to join, email either:Gale Schwartz at the Housing Alliance of PA Gale@housingalliancepa.org or Joe Willard at People’s Emergency Center email@example.com
- Organized campaigns to increase awareness of homelessness in all regions of Pennsylvania
- Developed consensus of 150 agencies for preserving Human Service Development Fund
- Participated in Harrisburg and local visits to familiarize policy makers with proven, cost-effective solutions
- Organized statewide, regional and national meetings with Congressional leaders
- Published ‘letters to the editor’ in local newspapers
- Earned media coverage to bring greater awareness to problems and solutions
What You Get For Participating
- Increase awareness of homelessness by policy makers who represent your region
- Monthly E-Publications On News And Information About Homelessness
- Join Monthly Conference Call On Policy And Budget Issues
- Invited To Meetings With Legislators
- Sharing Best Practices
- Policy Analyses