This year, the Housing Alliance of PA is asking you to consider us on #GivingTuesday, a day which inspires people to take collective action to improve their communities, give back in better, smarter ways to the charities and causes they believe in, and help create a better world.
The donations raised from this #GivingTuesday will go to fund advocacy campaigns to support our efforts in increasing state and federal resources, like PHARE (PA Housing Affordability and Rehabilitation Enhancement Fund) , for affordable homes. This year, PHARE, with Realty Transfer Tax money will rehab 408 homes, help 3,052 individuals and families stay in their apartments, help 20 households purchase a home, demolish 52 blighted properties, create 752 new rental units, and create 44 new single family homes.
Think about how much more we can do for individuals and families in PA with additional resources!
This year, donations made on Facebook on #GivingTuesday will be matched by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, up to $50,000. See below for how to create your own fundraising page. You can also give by clicking the donate button on our Facebook page. Don’t have Facebook, no problem! You can give directly on our website, at the top of the page, starting on November 28 up into the new year.
Here’s how to create a fundraiser on #GivingTuesday:
• Go to https://www.facebook.com/PAHousing/fundraisers/
• Click “Create Fundraiser”
• Select from one of three cover photos (or create your own)
• Add a title, tell your story, add an end date and a goal
• Be sure to include #GivingTuesday in your description, then click Create
• From there you can invite friends, share on your News Feed or send a message
Images to share on #GivingTuesday