Join us for an Educational Session on Connecting Housing, Jobs and Transportation
Tuesday, June 13, 2017 9:00 – 12:30 (Registration starts 8:30)
Capital Union Building CUB, Penn State Harrisburg Campus, Middletown Pa.
The South Central Assembly’s Housing & Community Development Committee and the Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania will offer an educational session on “Connecting Housing, Jobs and Transportation ” on June 13 at Penn State’s Campus in Middletown, Pennsylvania.
This session will be of interest to: Employers, Non Profit agencies, City and Municipal Officials, Planners, Workforce Development and Transportation agencies, Federal and State Housing and Community Development agencies and others interested in workforce housing and community economic development.
The workshop examines:
- Connecting Housing, Jobs and Transportation
- Exploring cost effective and efficient transportation options for low wage earners needing to get from home to work on a tight budget in reasonable time
- Transportation as a barrier to accessing and keeping higher paying 2nd or 3rd shift jobs in locations not serviced by regular public transportation
- Providing flexible transportation programs and services needed to achieve sustainable employment essential for housing and financial stability
Panelists and presenters come from organizations engaged in connecting Housing, Jobs and Transportation, and who have created successful Transportation Assistance programs for low income workers.
Session Presenters include:
- Ray D’Agostino, Lancaster Housing Opportunity Partnership (Moderator)
- Robert Bini, Lancaster Co. Planning Commission, Smart Growth Transportation Imitative
- Matt Boyer, Commuter Services of Pa.
- Jeff Glisson, South Central Transit Authority
This Regional Housing Workshop is free, but please register by 6-7-17 to reserve your seat. Seating limited to 75. Follow this link for directions to the Capital Union Building (CUB is “G” on map). campus map
TO REGISTER please click the link here. Allow several seconds for the registration form to appear, and Click on “Checkout”.
We look forward to seeing you at the session.
The South Central Assembly’s Housing & Community Development Committee
- Steve Snell, Chair SCA Housing & Community Development Committee
- George Klaus York Housing Coalition
- Ray D’Agostino Lancaster Housing Opportunity Partnership
- Craig Zumbrun South Central Assembly
- Roger Steffy Tabor Community Services
- Stephanie McIlwee Pennsylvania Interfaith Community Programs Inc.
- Diana Kerr Community Development Consulting
- Darren Burroughs Harrisburg Housing Authority
- Tim Whelan Cumberland County Housing & Redevelopment
- Melissa Quinones Lebanon City Community & Economic Development Dept.