CMS Update – New Medicare Card Campaign
In April 2018, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) will begin a year-long process of sending Medicare beneficiaries a New Medicare Card that will have a unique Medicare Beneficiary Identifier (MBI), thereby removing the social security number from the Medicare card.
Debbie Feierman, MSW, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services – Philadelphia Regional Office
For additional information and resources regarding this campaign, CMS has provided new resources that you can use to help your clients throughout this process. Below are direct links to the new materials.
- Medicare.gov homepage updated with beneficiary-facing materials – blog and informational video; also introduced the new short URL go.medicare.gov/newcard.
- Medicare.gov updated with English and Spanish “10 things you need to know” fact sheets
- CMS.gov/newcard landing page revamped and links to:
- Information about the geographic card mailing strategy
- New materials/resources posted on the partners & employers page, including: