2016 Policy Agenda
The goal of the policy agenda is to ensure that the Housing Alliance's work reflects current community needs and political and economic realities, and that it effectively furthers our core mission: to ensure that all Pennsylvanians, especially those with low incomes, have access to safe, decent and affordable homes.
Housing Alliance Policy Agenda 2016
- Implement policies that lead to inclusive communities, especially in areas of high development and investment.
- Organize state wide response and action on the federal budget and Low Income Housing Tax Credits.
- Establish an effective state Interagency Council on Homelessness.
- Promote adoption of a state plan to end homelessness with quantifiable goals to measure progress.
- Help with transition of having Medicaid pay for services and TANF for Rapid Rehousing.
- Alignment and incentivizing of public programs such as tax credits, site selection, Keystone Communities, Mixed Use Development, Penn State Housing Research Center, the PA Housing Finance Agency, the Department of Community and Economic Development, the Federal Home Loan Bank, Act 47 for Distressed Cities, etc.
- Implement blight remediation tools such as strategic code enforcement and land banks.