The Area Agencies on Aging (AAAs) for Pike, Wayne and Monroe counties are recruiting qualified, motivated individuals for positions as SHARE Housing Counselors in their SHARE (Shared Housing and Resource Exchange) program. This pilot program matches homeowners willing to share space in their homes with individuals seeking an affordable housing option. At least one of the home sharers must be over the age of 60. To be considered for these contracted positions, candidates must have a strong housing background as well as extensive local home and community based services program knowledge and experience.
- The Housing Pilot contract runs through June 30, 2020.
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum of 15 credits in social sciences or experience/education equivalent.
- Fulltime 37.5 hours per week with flexible hours to accommodate speaking engagements and appointments with participants.
- Competitive salary with paid holidays and time off.
- Position entails extensive travel between Pike, Wayne and Monroe Counties which will require reliable transportation.
- Strong knowledge of aging, human services, housing and community resources.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, problem-solve and work independently.
- Strong public speaking skills to conduct presentations, trainings and interviews.
- Ability to identify and develop educational, marketing and outreach strategies and materials.
- Experience with conflict resolution.
Comprehensive training will be provided to the selected candidates.
Submit resumes for consideration to Susan Cree at the PA Department of Aging for at: email@example.com.
Resumes will be accepted until close of business on May 16, 2017. Resumes received after that date will not be accepted.
Questions: Call 717-783-7548