People all over Pennsylvania are working to solve the state’s housing problems, and the Housing Alliance of Pennsylvania is helping them.
We promote common-sense solutions to balance Pennsylvania's housing market and increase the supply of safe, decent homes for low-income people. We do this through:
Through our website and weekly e-newsletter, we keep the housing community up to date on news they need to do their jobs better.
- Monthly Legislative Briefing calls provide updates on state and federal housing and homeless policy and budgets.
- We serve as the go-to information source on housing issues for the media and for policy makers.
- We actively engage the media to inform and raise the profile of important housing issues.
- We testify at legislative hearings.
Education, Training and Technical Assistance
We provide tools and information to help housing and homeless service providers do their jobs better, through webinars, regional forums and our annual Homes within Reach Conference.
We forge partnerships to broaden the base of support for affordable housing by connecting people and organizations across constituencies. The Alliance has built and sustains a statewide network of service providers, developers and consumers.
We believe research and best practices should inform policy.
We work with policy makers to find win-win solutions and common ground whenever possible.
- We believe that we share core values about fairness, opportunity and doing what’s best for the community.
- We are the housing community’s eyes and ears in Harrisburg and D.C.
- We monitor all state and federal housing legislation and let the community know what’s important and when to act.